Palace House, Much Hadham
- Much Hadman, Herts
Fairhurst Ward Abbotts successfully completed a scheme of sensitive conservation repairs to the existing structure of the timber Loggia in oak to match the original.
Utilising the knowledge and skills of our in-house craftspeople together with an understanding of traditional timber frame construction and joint repair techniques, we undertook both repairs and replacements to the main components of the Loggia.
- Grade II listed building
- Structural repairs to oak Loggia
- Timber frame repairs
- Sash window repairs
- Scarfing defective and rotten timbers
- Conserving existing lathe and plaster ceilings
- Replacement zinc roof covering
- Brick repairs to south elevation
- Liaison with Planning Authority for approvals
- Historical design and access statement